Professional Certificate in Rehabilitation Services
Developed in partnership with the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, this six-course certificate program prepares rehabilitation counseling professionals to empower adolescent clients with disabilities to begin the process of creating their individual career paths through increased confidence and vocational exploration.
This certificate program was designed in response to a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act initiative to increase the number of middle and high school students who complete high school and advance to post-secondary education or training, or move immediately into employment and begin their career.
NOTE: This certificate program is currently only offered to employees of the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency.
Students completing the certificate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Vocational assessments, case management and database skills
- 21st century strength-based disability awareness
- Post-secondary education and vocational training
- Guidance and motivational interviewing skills
- The labor market, community partners and employment models
- Child development, adolescent development and family systems
Each session will begin with one face-to-face class meeting, and remaining courses will be taught in an online format, allowing enrolled students to remain productive at work while continuing their education.
- HSRV 230: Introduction to Interpersonal Relations
- HSRV 370: Case Management
- HSRV 390: Career Development and Employment Models
- HSRV 390: Disability Awareness in the 21st Century
- PSYC 225: Prenatal through Adolescent Development
PSYC 226: Adult Development
- SOCI 255: The Family
For admissions questions and information, please contact:
Dr. Melissa Cruz, Director of Graduate Admissions
For more information about the certificate program, please contact:
Dr. Marna Burns
Dr. Kristina Henderson