M.S. Public Safety Leadership
Mercer University’s Master of Science in Public Safety Leadership degree program equips and positions you to meet and exceed rising professional expectations through coursework that covers a broad spectrum of converging challenges. Courses are taught by well-credentialed faculty who are experienced and accomplished in the area of public safety.
Designed to meet the academic requirements of those who are new to this field of study as well as professionals already employed with public safety-related agencies, this graduate program focuses on developing advanced professional competencies.
The program places emphasis on excellence in:
- Leadership practices,
- Effective cooperation,
- Ethical behavior,
- Critical thinking, and
- Consolidated public service.
Additionally, the degree provides students with a thorough understanding of associated areas of interest in public safety operating environments.
Through the Master of Science in Public Safety Leadership program, you will develop professional knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Global Perspectives of Public Safety
- Ethical Decision Making
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- Organizational Communication
- Research, Analysis, and Problem Solving
OutcomesMercer University's Master of Science in Public Safety Leadership degree program equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to succeed at the highest level in their professional field, such as:
- Anti-terrorism task force directors
- Disaster relief and emergency response directors
- Homeland security directors
- Federal agents
- Chief deputy sheriffs
- Police chiefs
- Probation, parole, correctional administrators and commissioners, and assistant chiefs
- Fire chiefs
- Private security firm managers