Health Coaching & Multidisciplinary Care Coordination
As healthcare executives face the increasingly competitive and demanding requirements, this 10-module training system prepares healthcare professionals to better engage and empower their patients to strive for optimal levels of health and wellness.
Accomplished Health Coaches guide and coach each patient through their individual therapeutic process by:
- Helping the patient understand the information provided by their physician
- Ensuring continuity of care across multiple specialties
- Educating the patient in self-management of chronic diseases using evidenced based guidelines
Health coaches also help healthcare organizations reach their goals by:
- Previewing and interpreting clinical and claims data to produce actionable steps that can lead to acceptable clinical outcomes
- Achieving optimal results with varying populations
- Minimizing hospital re-admission rates for chronic diseases
- Improving patient self-management of chronic diseases
- Optimizing diagnostic tests and procedures for appropriate care and access to care
- Management of underuse, overuse, and misuse of resources
The Health Coach Certificate Program consists of the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Health Coaching (face to face module)
Module 2: Roles of the Health Coach (online module)
Module 3: Evidence Based Practice and Standards of Care (online module)
Module 4: Working with Your Patients (online module)
Module 5: Principles of Active Listening (Part I) (face to face module)
Module 6: Principles of Active Listening (Part II) (face to face module)
Module 7: Tapping into the Patient's Learning Style & Facilitating Behavior Change (online module)
Module 8: Personalized Health Planning, Goal Setting, & Coaching Strategies/Techniques: Self-Management Support (online module)
Module 9: Multicultural Perspectives in Health Coaching (online module)
Module 10: Management of Information (face to face module)
Our standard format provides combines the convenience of online learning, with periodic face-to-face sessions to openly collaborate with faculty and colleagues. The ten modules are delivered in a format to fit your schedule and demands at your organization or one of Mercer’s multiple locations around Georgia.
This program is taught by highly qualified faculty members from our university who deliver this curriculum to achieve the outcomes noted above. All faculty qualifications and experience are documented and available for your review.
Our current Heath Coaching partner is Piedmont Healthcare.
For more information about registering your organization with Mercer to enhance your patient outcomes, please contact:Program Coordinator