Human Resources Administration & Development
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Resources Administration and Development is designed to offer students a career path in human resources in such workplaces as government, non-profit agencies, corporate organizations, health care facilities, and adult educational institutions. The major will ground student learning with an understanding of human behavior as related to work.
The structure of the major combines a broad liberal arts foundation, a comprehensive set of human resources core courses, and the choice of a specialization in either Administration or Training and Development. The foundation in psychology, sociology, communication, and critical thinking will assist students in applying research in the field to diverse populations and settings. The coursework is designed to meet the competencies deemed crucial for effectiveness in the field.
Chose from Two Specialized Tracks:
- The Administration track includes on workplace law, employee compensation and benefits, budgeting, ethics and technology management components.
- The Training and Development track includes adult learning, curriculum design, materials development, instructional delivery, electronic instruction and web design components.
Graduates in Human Resource Administration will be equipped with exposure to the skills and competencies necessary to carry out essential human resources functions that can benefit both individuals and organizations.
Potential workplaces for graduates include:
- Organizations wanting HR professionals who have strong competencies in administration
- Organizations with needs for talent development
- Private, state and local agencies
Locations where the program is offered include:
Human Resources Administration and Development majors are required to fulfill 120 hours courses that include general education requirements, core in major, and specialized track hours. Each concentration is designed to help the student focus on a career of service delivery in specific kinds of settings.
A strong internship program provides the graduate with direct experience in the development and management of human resource development skills in a real work environment. These internships are designed to match the background and work interests of the students. The degree allows for a wide range of potential employment and accommodation to a diverse education professional experience.