CSN promotes and supports student and faculty research that is narrative in focus. We seek collaborators who have a personal interest and compassion for a particular population, we’ve conducted interviews with wide ranging themes such as veterans, seniors, other-abilities, addiction, victims of domestic violence, homeless youth, youth who have suffered the death of a parent, and cancer survivors. Within a research setting, these involve protecting the anonymity of participants according to the policies of Mercer’s Institutional Review Board.
Digital Storytelling Workshop 2016
The Centre for the Interdisciplinary Research of Narrative at St. Thomas University
Stichting Counselling Nederland, "Counseling in the Netherlands"
Storying Our Lives: A Narrative Approach to Human Development
Recent Penfield Faculty Narrative Activities
- Interdisciplinary University Narrative Centers, to be presented at the International Society on Narrative Conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands, June 2016 (Dr. Redmond chaired panel entitled Narrative in the Classroom and Beyond)
- University-based Centers for research: New Methods for Collaborative Counselor Education. Presented at the Association of Counselor Supervision Conference, Philadelphia, PA. , October 2015
- Exploring International Rehabilitation Counseling: Narratives of Cultural Immersion Experience, presented at the National Council on Rehabilitation Education conference in Long Beach, CA in April 2016
- Narratives of Childhood Trauma Survivors, presented at the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia conference in Stone Mountain, GA in May 2016
- Gold Stone: A Narrative Approach to Dealing with Trauma, National Youth at Risk Conference, Savannah, March 2016
- A Narrative Approach to Trauma Recovery, presented at the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia conference in Stone Mountain, GA in May 2016
- Lane, W. David, Myers, Keith J., Hill, Maurice C., and Lane, Donna E. (2016) Utilizing Narrative Methodology in Trauma Treatment with Haitian Earthquake Survivors, The Journal of Trauma and Loss
- Lane, W. David, Myers, Keith J., and Lane, Donna E. (accepted for publication and currently in process) Brief Narrative Trauma Treatment with Survivors of Natural Disaster, Kentucky Journal of Professional Counseling
- Redmond, D. (2016). “Ethical and legal issues in adolescent residential treatment, adolescent groups, and working with SEBD populations” in “The Ethics of Counseling Children and Adolescents” Sartor, T.A., McHenry, W. & McHenry, J. Eds.
- Dr. William Randall led a workshop in Atlanta on April 6, 2016 entitled ‘Narrative Care’ putting Theory into Practice
- The workshop was attended by Dean Danheiser, Laurie Lankin, Tim Craker, Clinton Terry, Don Redmond, Kevin Williams, and Wesley Barker along with doctoral students.
- Dr. John Chalfa, Professor Sydney Chalfa and Dr. Kelly Jones led a workshop on Digital Storytelling/Digital Narrative in Atlanta on September 9, 2016.
- Attendees included: Dean Danheiser, Dr. Don Redmond, Dr. Karen Rowland along with Mercer Students.
Dr. Wesley Barker attend the 2016 Narrative Matters conference in Vancouver, BC
Adult Siblings of Individuals with Developmental and Psychiatric Disabilities: Relationship Quality, Coping, And Plans for The Future
Margarita Vélez Rice, 2017
From University to Employment: An Exploration of Employment Barriers and Perceived Stress Levels of Internationals Living in The United States
Terah L. Davis, 2017
The Influence of Age, self-perception of masculinity and femininity, and their interaction on gender expression of cisgender college students
Dela Sweeney, 2015
An Investigation of the Association Between Emotional trauma, perceived stress reactivity, and the growth of uterine fibroids in Nigerian Women
Eniabitobi Kuyinu, 2015
An Examination of the Moderating Effects of Religious Coping Among Adolescents and Young Adults Affected Trauma
Stanley C. Hoover, 2015
Narratives of Perceived Social Support as a Mediator for Increased Coping Resources and Optimism Among Cancer Patients and Survivors
Tavari Taylor Brown, 2015
Islam and Psychological Well-Being of Middle- Eastern Women Living In United States
Sanaz Rezaei 2015